Senior Manager, Technology Support
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Full Time
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Mid Level
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Behind the scenes, but ahead of the curve: help us develop the next-generation public broadcaster.
Technology & Infrastructures (T&I) team is the backbone and the future forward arm of CBC/Radio-Canada. We are the people that make stuff work. We make connections; between media content, systems, people and places. The Expertise Centre is a department within the Business Relations group in I&T: our department is acting as T&I point of contact for all end‑user support needs.
A place with purpose. CBC/Radio-Canada has always been a highly regarded pioneer of media technology. Not just in Canada, but around the world. Today, we’re transforming ourselves from conventional radio and television broadcaster into a modern digital media company. Technology is the driving force and we are the team making it happen.
Reporting to the Director of the Expertise Centre, we are looking for a Senior Manager, Technology Support. You will be a strategic leader and coach as well as a strong collaborator who will be responsible for the management of IT service desk staff supporting News, Digital Media, General Production and Corporate Services, ensuring that all Corporation employees receive the assistance they need with end-user technology.
You will manage the end-to-end procedures involved in identifying, prioritizing and resolving user help requests, such as monitoring, tracking and co-ordinating service desk activities. You will play a critical role contributing to technology innovation projects and helping implement IT support initiatives, ensuring that participating resources retain knowledge within the Expertise Centre.
Working remotely for now, you will transition into a hybrid role based in our new Montreal office.
What's in it for you
Cutting edge technology. We are the only media company in Canada that has transitioned to IP Infrastructure, including establishing a brand new all-IP broadcast facility that provides virtually unlimited flexibility across multiple platforms to support highly efficient production and distribution workflows for its radio, T.V., and online programming. As part of CBC/Radio-Canada, a leader in this area, you will gain unparalleled hands-on experience and exposure to tools and processes that are currently sought after by other media companies.
Be part of a diverse and inclusive team and organization. We believe in celebrating human differences and know that there is no other path to becoming the best public broadcaster for all Canadians. There's still more work to be done, and we are deeply committed to putting all of our corporate, individual, and collective efforts into doing the work. You will be part of our growth and have opportunities to participate in our diversity and inclusion initiatives, including but not limited to Emerging Leadership Training and Unconscious Bias training. Led by a manager dedicated to hearing your unique perspective, you will help shape the work we do and how we do it.
Career growth. We are a continuously innovative, learning, and growing organization; joining us now is a chance to be part of that whether you are an idea generator or an executor. We want to ensure you are happy in and out of the office. To that end, we offer a rare-in-tech work-life balance; professional development opportunities internally and externally, including the chance to attend or speak at conferences; and the support of your manager to pursue the next steps in your career.
How you will make an impact
- Guide. You will foster a culture of communication, innovation and engagement within the team and business unit. You will supervise management personnel, including objective setting, performance reviews, compensation, training and development. You will recruit and manage in-house and external resources to fulfill the departmental mandate. You will promote a customer service ethos across CBC/Radio-Canada to ensure technological alignment among all divisions.
- Collaborate. You will align the team with our corporate strategic goals. You will help define the annual hardware update plans based on business priorities and technological risks. You will participate in the development of business cases and feasibility studies. You will report on KPIs using established processes and tools for all ongoing initiatives.You will also monitor budgets and timelines for IT Services team deliverables.
Perks you can look forward to:
- Four weeks of vacation.
- Work from home opportunities;
- Competitive total rewards package;
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology;
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development;
- Opportunities to become a member of our Employee Resource Groups;
- A creative and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and contributions can be heard, valued and respected;
- A supportive management team committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity and inclusivity.
What you bring to our team
- The technical leadership. You have a significant breadth of knowledge and understanding, from a managerial and business perspective, in key areas of information technology, including available technology solutions, data management, operations support, security, business continuity and disaster recovery. You have an understanding of and experience implementing the ITIL v3 framework. You are a strategic thinker with the patience to consider all options before jumping into a decision. You are motivated by building robust, reliable processes and solutions that support and empower your team. You are creative, innovative, and have an intellectual curiosity that drives you to research and stay ahead of trends.
- The people management skills. You can motivate, inspire and grow a team and its members. You can nurture strong two-way relationships across product teams, peers and executives. You have experience guiding and leading the work of a team and an understanding of internal practices and procedures for budgeting, recruitment, procurement, contract management, career development, and conflict management.
- The interpersonal skills. You are highly collaborative, a trusted advisor and a subject matter expert. You can build robust working relationships within and across teams. You have engaging written and verbal communication skills; you are fluent in French and English. You can manage bilingual and remote teams. You have a deep appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches, fostering a respectful, supportive, and open-minded culture within your team.
- The flexibility. You are able to travel within Canada when the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted, and it is safe to do so.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all? At CBC/Radio-Canada we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet 70% of the requirements we are seeking and you are excited by the possibility of growing our company, take a chance and express your interest. Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.