COVID-19 Response Specialist
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Entry Level
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Reporting to the Director, Business continuity and disaster recovery, the COVID-19 Response Specialist will play a key role in CBC/Radio-Canada’s efforts to provide a safe and secure working environment during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this role you will support the planning, implementation and assessment of various elements of preparation and response to COVID-19.
You will lead the day-to-day coordination of tactical and initiatives and be a first point of contact for any and all issues related to COVID-19. You will support the Manager, COVID-19 response in operationalizing plans and protocols ranging from positive case management and contact tracing to compiling reintegration strategies for a safe return to the workplace. You will also contribute to strengthening CBC/Radio-Canada’s level of emergency management readiness in general.
You must demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in English and in French, operate in a complex and evolving environment, show sound judgement, discretion and effective decision making skills.
This position can be based in Montreal or Toronto.
- Becoming a knowledgeable resource and offering guidance on CBC/Radio-Canada’s COVID-19 protocols; providing support to those with operational accountability.
- Liaising with internal and external health and safety experts or public health authorities, as needed, on behalf of the organization.
- Replacing the Advisor, COVID-19 response, when needed at CBC/Radio-Canada’s National Crisis Management Team (NCMT).
- Acting as a liaison between the NCMT and operational managers across French, English, T&I and Corporate services.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with leaders across the country involved in COVID-19 response; facilitating consensus among stakeholders.
- Supporting contact tracing and positive case protocols for all COVID-19 cases among CBC/Radio-Canada staff and on-site partners or vendors.
- Supporting reintegration planning for the safe return of staff to all CBC/Radio-Canada sites and the continuity of operations.
- Reviewing and making recommendations for ad hoc onsite reintegration approvals.
- Reviewing and offering advice on operational risk assessments.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of possible rapid screening programs and/or any other COVID-19 risk-mitigation strategies.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, emergency/crisis management or a related field.
- At least two years’ of related emergency/crisis management, business continuity and/or health and safety experience, preferably within a large and complex organization and preferably including within the past 18 months on COVID-19.
- Bilingual skills (French and English) are preferred (reading, writing and speaking).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with leaders and employees at every level of the organization.
- Availability to take calls and manage issues at all hours, when needed.
- Availability to travel across Canada; work remotely and on-site.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with leaders, cultivating mutual understanding and gaining influence.
- Demonstrated success in supporting complex operational issues, ideally within a media/broadcast environment.
- Able to form partnerships and shift priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Sound judgment, the ability to make difficult decisions and stand behind their recommendations.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and independent worker.
- A problem solver, able to identify gaps and apply solutions.
- Able to cope with shifting priorities and changes in strategy.
- The ability to make difficult decisions to resolve complex problems, and stand behind recommendations.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.